WHEN IT RAINS YOU SAVE
Town Rain Barrel Partnership with the Great American Rain Barrel (TGARB)
In partnership with the Great American Rain Barrel Company (www.greatamericanrainbarrel.com), a Hyde Park, MA-based company, Green World Vision is offering rain barrels to New England residents to help manage rising water costs, save vegetation from drought conditions, and help our communities protect their aquifers.
We encourage residents to use rain barrels because:
- Rain barrels are such an effective way to collect and save water.
- Save money on your water and sewer bills.
- A single-family home that uses a rain barrel can collect as much as 10,000 gallons in an average rain season.
- Rain barrels are easily connected to downspouts and fill quickly. A barrel holds 60 gallons and fills in 30 minutes of moderate rain.
- The northeast region of the United States annually receives 17” of rain from May through September, so an average roof of 2400 sq. feet can produce 170 barrels of free rainwater.
- Gardens need water continually and a rain barrel can provide that irrigation when Mother Nature does not.
The Great American Rain Barrel Company recommends one barrel for every 100 sq. feet of garden. For larger gardens, multiple barrels can be easily linked together for additional collection and storage. At our cost of a penny per gallon, the rain barrel is an economical solution!
Start a Campaign Via Your DPW or Energy Manager.
Receive Your Sample Display Barrels.
Market to Your Community With Our Support.
Host Your Distribution Event and We Do the Rest -Your Town Residents Start Saving Immediately!
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD PURCHASE A RAIN BARREL
One Rain Barrel can pay for itself in a season.
Rainwater has no chemicals, chlorine or fluoride – best for plants and lawn.
Rain Barrels help towns manage Stormwater Runoff.
Rainwater helps stressed plants during dry spells – in 2018, multiple US Towns had water bans.
ABOUT THE GREAT AMERICAN RAIN BARREL
100% repurposed Rain Barrel produced in Massachusetts.
Most durable and reliable available: 3/16” thickness, BPA-free.
Easy 5-minute set-up Lasts for years when properly drained and stored for winter Screen filter keeps mosquitoes out.
Can link several together.
Colors: Forest Green, Earth Brown, Nantucket Gray + Unpainted.
Discount Price for Town Residents: (compare vs. Amazon $119)